Thursday, April 8, 2010

Introduction

Good day my friends! My name is Lewis Hine. I am known for my investigative photographs for the National Child Labor Committee. My photos revealed the harsh truth of the Industry. I would travel through the streets, factories, mines, textile mills, and canneries to photograph the lives of the workers and tell their stories. I also joined the American Red Cross and photographed refugees and citizens. I made the public think deeply about just how hard the working class slaved to make the things they treasured and the kind of conditions the workers were forced to endure. I helped end child labor.

2 comments:

  1. Lewis! How nice to see your work! I am so interested to hear what it is like, seeing such horror, such beauty, and capturing it for others to see! Could you tell me about taking the pictures, and about what makes you take them?

    Liebe,
    Clara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lewis, your story is truly inspiring. I do think that I'd like to to learn lots more about you. You dealt with such hardships and to hear you talk about it is amazing. How was it walking streets just to get your story across? I'm amazed.

    Edgar Allan Poe.

    ReplyDelete